For some reason, I didn't take a vacation in the summer of fall for 2009. I should have, but didn't. The upside was that it allowed me to take a full two week vacation in December and go visit Utah. Throughout most of 2009, I thought that moving to Utah was in my immediate future. However, I learned some things while in Utah for my holiday break.
- It's okay to have slothy days. It's also okay to have non-sloth days where you don't leave the house but you still get up, take a shower, put on clothes other than your jammies and get stuff done.
- Homecooked meals are awesome. Especially those that never use the microwave. I need a new apartment, so I can start making those happen more often.
- I can't live in Utah and also have my goal of getting out and doing stuff more. If I could live in California through the winter months and only be in Utah in all 3 other seasons, that might work but I'm not a retiree, so a snowbird lifestyle isn't an option.
- I need to visit Utah more than once a year.
- The type of job I want isn't really in Utah right now. The market hasn't quite developed enough.