George Albert Faulker is my great grandfather. He was born February 22, 1872 in Kentucky and died June 19, 1960 in Metropolis, Illinois. He is buried next to his first wife in Muldrow, Oklahoma.
What I know:
- George was born in Kentucky and lived in Kentucky through most of his childhood.
- In his early 20s, he was living in Arkansas.
- He married Maude Weatherley in 1897 and they had 9 children. After Maude died, he remarried Mabel Claire Britton.
- He spent quite a bit of his adult life as a farmer in Oklahoma — including living in the Indian Territory of the Cherokee nation.
What I’d like to know:
- I haven’t been able to find a specific birth record for him. I have his birth date from the marriage index, and I have him listed on the 1880 census. But, I don’t have a birth certificate.
- I’d like to know why he lived in the Cherokee Nation Indian Territory.
- I’d like to find a copy of his obituary.