Lizzie A Pucket was my great, great grandmother. She was born in September 1852 in Wales / England.
For a very long time, I was stuck on Lizzie, and in many ways I still am. Almost all the records that I found about Richard Berryman had him married to his first wife, but there was nothing about Lizzie.
I finally found information on her, but there are a lot of holes in what I know and don’t know.
What I know:
- She was born in 1852 in Wales: By some reports it was Landshipping
- In 1871, she was working as a housemaid for a family in Canton
- In either 1872 or 1882, she came to the U.S.
- In 1890, she married Richard Berryman
- She lived in Chicago until Richard died.
- After living in Chicago, she moved to California and lived in both Northern and Southern California
- As of 1930, she was living in Los Angeles with Bevan
What I don’t know:
- I know from other records that she was born in 1852, but I don’t have any specific birth record.
- Between 1852 and the census record in 1871, I don’t know much about her.
- I know she came over to the US in 1872 but then she was back in England and came over again in 1882. Between the census record in 1871 and her marriage to Richard in 1890, I don’t know what she was doing other than those two trips from England to the US.
- I don’t know exactly when she died or where she’s buried. In 1930, she was living with her son Bevan. By 1940, she’s not living with Bevan any longer and has most likely died, but I haven’t found a death record yet.