I mentioned that I recently installed the Pocket Casts app, which means that I’ve been listening to a lot of podcasts again.
I love listening to podcasts, and my mix is fairly eclectic.
These are my current favorites:
- The Moth Podcast – The Moth is like the memoir version of TED. People go on stage and tell stories about their lives. Those stories are recorded and then The Moth Podcast plays some of the best. Many of these stories quite literally make me laugh out loud.
- Startup by Gimlet Media – I’m somewhat torn about including this on the list, but I’m super hopeful for the future. I *loved* Season 1, but Season 2 was a big disappointment. One of the big difference between Season 1 & Season 2 was that Season 1 was almost real-time where Season 2 was kind of like a post-mortem talking about things that had happened a year or more earlier.
- This American Life – “From WBEZ in Chicago, it’s This American Life.” If you like listening to random stories about things happening in the U.S. (and sometimes around the world) This American Life is great.
- Action Army Podcast – A relatively new podcast from my friend Jason Zook (also occasionally includes his partner Caroline Kelso). He talks about his entrepreneurial experience and gives advice on how his listeners can take action in their own lives — whether it’s personal or business.
- Serial – It’s hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice. Serial Season 1 was awesome. Serial Season 2 is good, but not great. Both seasons are definitely worth a listen.